Saturday, August 7, 2010

I know you want to see more.

Good morning. I know you all want to see more items posted and I will do that soon but in the meantime, to keep you interested and coming back I thought I'd let you know what's going on in potteryland.

It's getting to the point now where I am successful in creating pottery since they are stacking up around the house and studio. To slow down production, I am thinking of refining my work, both in shapes and glazing. I went to Aardvark and picked up more clay and a variety of glazes so I could further explore different clay bodies and how the glazes perform on them. The idea is to see warmer tones on the body itself with the glazes as accents. We visited the Sawdust Festival in Laguna Beach and saw many examples of fantastic everydayware that have inspired me to look into casseroles and serving dishes for my next production.

As always, my studio is open to others for fun and creativity. Diane and Leslie Ekker came in to make little trinkets to pass out at the upcoming Burning Man Festival. It was a fun, quick project where they produced 150 little tablets with a Burning Man symbol on them. I'm sure they will be a hit at the Festival. Come bring your creativity and join me in the studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment